Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Blind Bet Poker League
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Closed Thread

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-06, 11:03 AM

BBP Points: 67
Send a message via MSN to BBP Guru
Default Qualifying for the freeroll on March 5

Hey guys,

Inorder to qualify for the freeroll on March 5th, you need to get 50 points (not posts). You gain points by posting in the forum. A 3-4 line post will gain more points than a 1 line post, and 5-10 lines will gain more points than the 3-4 line posts. Opening new threads would gain more points as well.

Note: Any kind of misuse of the system won't enroll you into the freeroll.
Old 02-27-06, 11:34 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

Sounds fair. It looks like the points of all members were reset to zero and I assume this will be done on Mondays. Can you give us an idea of the Reset time and the Cutoff time ?

So far the posting requirements have been reasonable.
(They change a lot, but still reasonable LOL).

Iceberg
Old 02-27-06, 11:39 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

Yeah, the points were dropped to zero and most likely will be every week so that you can meet the required 50 points without it being hard to calculate by the moderators. I love the fact that this new system is placed into effect for the freerolls so not just anyone can sign up and play in them without ever posting. That was scaring me because I know too many people were going to do that.
Old 02-27-06, 12:26 PM
Champion

I've noticed this board moves slower than most, so this is a really great way to get more participation on the boards. Can't wait for some quality discussion in the future.

One quick question, will long, run-on sentances with no apparent point, that is mostly one big jumbled up piece of garbage writing just for the sake of getting a couple other measly points for the purpose of qualifying for freerolls and things of that relevant nature, wherein, things such as this one would be looked down upon and thought of as selfish, and boring space takers, that do nothing more than to waste the readers time?

I'm not being a smart-ass, just giving you an example....
Old 02-27-06, 12:34 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

I really like this idea, back to the old ways of this forum. long, meaningful posts(not pads) and actual poker talk with players who are interested in the game. In my opinion, this should pick up poker discussion a lot by many posters(including myself) who were kind of getting lazy with their posting after they got into 1 freeroll.
Old 02-27-06, 12:49 PM
Champion

I really like this idea too. I know that back in September or October of last year, this system was being used for BBP freerolls such as the Doyle's room tournies. I thought it was a great system - better than a post count, where you get the unavoidable one liners. I never really understood why we got away from that system - but, needless to say, I'm glad we went back.

This should help prevent people like razwy and delinquente from getting in - OR it will encourage them to contribute regularly to the forum, which would be even better.

Great job BBP - I look forward to a lot of interesting posts, and (hopefully) the freeroll this coming Sunday.
Old 02-27-06, 12:53 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofTNick
I really like this idea too. I know that back in September or October of last year, this system was being used for BBP freerolls such as the Doyle's room tournies. I thought it was a great system - better than a post count, where you get the unavoidable one liners. I never really understood why we got away from that system - but, needless to say, I'm glad we went back.

This should help prevent people like razwy and delinquente from getting in - OR it will encourage them to contribute regularly to the forum, which would be even better.

Great job BBP - I look forward to a lot of interesting posts, and (hopefully) the freeroll this coming Sunday.
Agreed, I would like it for the tournaments to be exclusively on for the few BBP members who actually contribute. We have a good group of core posters here that contribute regularily.

That being said, I would love it to see more posters contributing regularily. It will not only make it easier to get the points needed due to the increase of threads and discussion we will have, but it will also provide for more players to compete against.

I think the password leak last night was unavoidable because of the way everyone who asked got in, with that considered, we still didn't have too many problems.

See you all tonight.
Old 02-27-06, 05:27 PM
Champion

Wow so even if I'm a very active member for months, but you have one off week and your left out for that week. I guess thats fair. Sure beats 3 random posts though.
Old 02-27-06, 05:34 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

Yeah I don't like how meaningless posts count towards it. It's more work to see who's actually earned a spot, but I think it's worth it.
Old 02-28-06, 03:12 PM
Champion

I like the requirement, however I doubt your going too have many qualifers. Maybe 15? Are you going to set the minimum to 20 players again and if we don't have 20 people that get 50 points does that mean the freeroll/league game will be cancelled.

I too hate the freeroll hunters who can't speak english and make 3 nonsense posts and get into a freeroll, but I'd also like to make sure we don't have to cancel any more tournies.
Closed Thread