Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Professional Poker Players
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-06, 08:08 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 65

The best tournament player to me would have to go to Johnny Chan. Just simply for the fact of his two back to back main event wins and then for the third run he comes up runner up. I know in those days not a lot of people were in these tournaments but there was still enough to brag about and a nice payday for him. I mean Johnny Chan controlled the show like it was nothing. He also killed Pokersuper Stars II against most professionals in most rounds taking atleast second spot. He is also tied for first place with the most amount of bracelets, which he won last year. Given enough time i would have to say he'll take the lead, because to me he is the best or if not atleast one of the best tournament players in my mind.

-Drago

To the End!
Old 07-23-06, 04:21 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0
Default Phil Ivey

is great and what makes him even greater is that he is humble in comparison to most of the players that receive all the hype. It is really a tough argument to make who is the best but if you take into account there cash game play as well Phil Ivey is definately the man. There are some players that make alot of final tables but in watching how they play are not as impresssive, the guy who I have been watching alot who I think has been playing a lot stronger then some of the overhyped players is Eric Lindgren. Consistent, makes solid reads and plays hands as the odds dictate/
Old 08-02-06, 06:37 PM
Bubble

Default Ivey

I gotta go with IVey....he got the guts to play position and pot odds even when he doesn't ahve the cards, just when you think you can read those bugeye glance around looks you are dead wrong...he knows taht there is a matematical side of the game, but he plays the people ,,,not jsut the cards....ngerynu is a close second I think...and may very well be just as good if not better than IVEY once the dut settles....thing i like most about him is that he takes it all in stride...win OR LOSE, it was jsut another day, another hand, another tourney....he doesn't live or die on the turn of every card....
Old 08-02-06, 06:40 PM
Bubble

Default possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanDrago
The best tournament player to me would have to go to Johnny Chan. Just simply for the fact of his two back to back main event wins and then for the third run he comes up runner up. I know in those days not a lot of people were in these tournaments but there was still enough to brag about and a nice payday for him. I mean Johnny Chan controlled the show like it was nothing. He also killed Pokersuper Stars II against most professionals in most rounds taking atleast second spot. He is also tied for first place with the most amount of bracelets, which he won last year. Given enough time i would have to say he'll take the lead, because to me he is the best or if not atleast one of the best tournament players in my mind.

-Drago

To the End!

Chan is definatley up there...the only thing i don't care so much for him....and of course i ahven't seen every hand that he played...is that he never makes a move out of position, doesn't ever seem to take a chance, trya bluff...whcihc makes someone predictable...cuz if he comes out in a hand..you know its aces, kings, or some suited face cards...i have yet to see him check raise or bluff someone out of a pot...might just be the editing too..you never know
Old 08-02-06, 06:47 PM
Bust

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takethepot25
There is alot of people with different views on who the best tournament style poker player is. My response ( ARE YOU KIDDING ME)

The best tournament poker player is without any doubt Phil Ivey. I mean have you seen the guy he's ridiculous. He wins pots in ways i didn't even know you could. He is a great bluffer. He manages his stack very well making sure he is always up big. If u want proof just look at him on TV. He almost always is hiding behind a giant stack of chips. He is my favorite player and i try to model my game off of him. When I go to the World Series of Poker this upcoming year I'm going to see if he will give me some lessons. Look for him to win 2 bracelets next year.

I can't believe nobody has said.... "Me"
Old 08-03-06, 08:05 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

i really don't know.. i'm new in this poker world, and i don't know all the players.. i heard of couple of them (some of them i watched on TV)

i watched two wsop winners - Chris Moneymaker and Joe Hachem and i can say that first one never showed some poker quality to me.. (i really don't know how he won WSOP) ..

who is the player with most WSOP wins and final tables.. and what about T.J Cloutier (i bought some CD Tutorial with his name) ?
Old 08-21-06, 03:54 PM
Bust

Default tournament players

I would have to go with Joe Hachem. He won alot of money this year in the WSOP and in the circuit events. He proved he is no fluke.
Old 08-27-07, 12:55 PM
Bust

I thin the best tournament play is Ivey !
Old 09-19-07, 01:12 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 2

Ivey rules!
I watch him play online all the time. I track in with my "Smart Buddy" software. Anyone else who this? It's really cool because you can see when anyone is playing and keep track of their records and stuff. It helps when you do tournaments because you can check up on some players! I think it's from pokerprolabs, almost positive.