Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Professional Poker Players
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-06, 02:23 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0
Default Best tournament poker player

There is alot of people with different views on who the best tournament style poker player is. My response ( ARE YOU KIDDING ME)

The best tournament poker player is without any doubt Phil Ivey. I mean have you seen the guy he's ridiculous. He wins pots in ways i didn't even know you could. He is a great bluffer. He manages his stack very well making sure he is always up big. If u want proof just look at him on TV. He almost always is hiding behind a giant stack of chips. He is my favorite player and i try to model my game off of him. When I go to the World Series of Poker this upcoming year I'm going to see if he will give me some lessons. Look for him to win 2 bracelets next year.
Old 03-05-06, 05:47 PM
Bust

Send a message via Yahoo to koocher22

hey take? i totally agree hes the best the coolest unflappable and regarded by many pros as the best player right now alwasy seems to make the right move in tourneys ive watched gla
Old 03-12-06, 01:45 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via MSN to ad1129

He is the luckiest player alive! According to the mouth, but i disagree and i too agree he is the best. He got so screwed by moneymaker with 10 left in the 2003 WSOP. If monkeymaker doesn't make his miracle Ivey might have gotten a ME title under his belt.

-ad
Old 03-12-06, 10:35 AM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

I have to go with my boy, Jesus. I love the way he plays. He's so consistant, he always takes the same amoount of time to make a move and his reads are incredible. Ivey is up there, also, but Jesus is just so much better.

Plus if you get into an argument with him you may end up with a crad lodged in your head.
Old 03-12-06, 04:46 PM
Banned

i would have to go with Ivey or hellmuth both are very good tournament players
Old 03-12-06, 05:18 PM
Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takethepot25
There is alot of people with different views on who the best tournament style poker player is. My response ( ARE YOU KIDDING ME)

The best tournament poker player is without any doubt Phil Ivey. I mean have you seen the guy he's ridiculous. He wins pots in ways i didn't even know you could. He is a great bluffer. He manages his stack very well making sure he is always up big. If u want proof just look at him on TV. He almost always is hiding behind a giant stack of chips. He is my favorite player and i try to model my game off of him. When I go to the World Series of Poker this upcoming year I'm going to see if he will give me some lessons. Look for him to win 2 bracelets next year.
Phil is good but I still like Johnie Chan and Scotty Nyguen, I think they are getting some bracelets this year, With all the new faces its going to be hard for some of these old faces to keep stacking the bracelets like the old days!!!!!
Old 03-13-06, 03:39 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 20

There are many very good players.
I really like Daniel Neagreanu. He got something special.
Old 03-13-06, 09:48 AM
Chip Leader

Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

Quote:
There are many very good players.
I really like Daniel Neagreanu. He got something special.

Other than the fact that you worded that pretty badly and all I agree. Everytime I see a poker tournament on tv and watch the final table Daniel Negreanu's face is there. He's a great player and all so I enjoyed watching him play the first few times, but then it got old. He just seems to excel in a lot of tourneys or he plays so many he makes a lot of final tables. Either way I would consider him the top tournament player right now.
Old 04-25-06, 05:19 PM
Bust

I think Phil Ivey wins alot of pots against novices in tournaments alone simply through fear, does that make him a great player or a great oppurtunists? That said, he's amazing, and his play at the Monte Carlo (esp the multiple reraising with nothing that one hand) this year was phenomonal. The only time Ive seen him play bad was heads up in this past year WSOP NL$1500, he seemd tired/disinterested. Also, he got lucky against Moneymaker on the turn with a 3 outer in that WSOP 2003 Main Event, so it was only fitting for Chris to hit the river for a 4 outer. Other than Ivey, I really like Kid Poker (his instincs are alien), and Mike "The Grinder" Mizrachi has been playing great as of late.
Old 04-26-06, 02:08 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via MSN to ad1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by POKER_PANDA
I think Phil Ivey wins alot of pots against novices in tournaments alone simply through fear, does that make him a great player or a great oppurtunists? That said, he's amazing, and his play at the Monte Carlo (esp the multiple reraising with nothing that one hand) this year was phenomonal. The only time Ive seen him play bad was heads up in this past year WSOP NL$1500, he seemd tired/disinterested. Also, he got lucky against Moneymaker on the turn with a 3 outer in that WSOP 2003 Main Event, so it was only fitting for Chris to hit the river for a 4 outer. Other than Ivey, I really like Kid Poker (his instincs are alien), and Mike "The Grinder" Mizrachi has been playing great as of late.
The money didn't go in before Ivey hit his 3 outer..So your arguement is totally flawed.

-ad