Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Feedback > Feedback/Suggestions
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-06, 03:15 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemfredmd View Post
I see the sit-outs happen much more frequently in freerolls then I do with tournaments with actual entry fees. That is the choice of the player however, they may feel it is an actual stategy, or maybe they are just playing scared. Afraid that they wont be able to control themselves against betting to much to early. I dont think it is a "strategy" at all myself. You lose too many opportunites to play hands that will make you money. Play tighter then usual. Heck if you want to only play the times you are in the blinds if no one raises. But to sit out totally makes no sense to me. I have taken advantage of it on both Ultimate Bet and PartyPoker, as they have so many people sign up and such a long time between when a tournament fills and when it starts, that I have been at tables at time when I am the only one not sitting out. It gets to the point where you actually have to play slow so that they dont close you table, thus taking away your free chip stream!

Ive never had it that bad but over on Titan it can get annoying especcially freerolls they just think right say x amount of places played if i sit till then i may make the money. come on play the game for gods sake.
Old 09-05-06, 04:15 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 22

Quote:
come on play the game for gods sake.

This is the reason why I disagree with allowing sit-outs. Yes, they miss playing big hands like AA, AK, etc, but the purpose for holding a tournament is to play cards.

My preference? Put a time limit on there for those who may be a tad late. Give them 15 minutes before they are out.
Old 09-07-06, 12:02 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 20

Honestly if they sitout yeah sure it is bad to represent a forum like that but let them do what they please with their chips. I really do hate when players sit out for 45 minutes and wait out all the players to get knocked out but as you said they are passing up all the pocket pairs and high end cards as well. If a player buys in a tournament they should do as they please. They paid for their 1500 chips and if they want to leave the table until their 1500 is up then so be it. That's what made the prize pool.
Old 09-07-06, 01:48 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 22

was doing some research on some tournaments down in Tunica...

They take money for your buy in about 30 minutes before, and if you arent there, you still have a spot, BUT, every time the blinds come to you and you're not there,,,, you have to post both blinds.

I thought that was interesting. Just thought I would share.
Old 09-11-06, 09:15 AM
Bubble

BBP Points: 31
Send a message via AIM to cemfredmd Send a message via Yahoo to cemfredmd

That is actually how it is done at most tournaments. Some of the pros will come hours late to the first day of a tournament, so that the fishes that are just trying to go all in with nothing are avoided. I think that Phil Hellmuth has even done this the last couple of years at the WSOP
Old 09-12-06, 05:08 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 91

Why do people sign up if they intend to sit out? I sat at Jungle Poker for and hour and a half just collecting blinds when i could have had some big hands. But I have been know to sit out myself so who knows.
Old 09-13-06, 11:30 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via AIM to Southern Yankee Send a message via MSN to Southern Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to Southern Yankee Send a message via Skype™ to Southern Yankee
Smile Tourney Sit-Outs

I have been a sit out. Only because I was a little late or just plain forgot it. I would prefer if there were a time limit on the sitout. I agree that 15 minutes is a good limit. I have dialup and sometimes have trouble connecting on time, if I remember the tourney to late. Have missed some by just 1 minute because of connection speed. And before you say it, DSL or Cable are not available in my area.
Old 10-28-06, 08:00 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 21

it doesnt make sense why sit register for a tournament if your gonna sit out especially buy ins sit out hardly ever make it to the money so its not a smart way to make any money.
Old 10-24-07, 07:36 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by poka902 View Post
it doesnt make sense why sit register for a tournament if your gonna sit out especially buy ins sit out hardly ever make it to the money so its not a smart way to make any money.

I agree with you.
Old 11-14-07, 07:23 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 523

yeah I know that really sucks mate

« Where are the mods | - »