Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-06, 04:04 PM
Banned

BBP Points: 0
Default Know When to Fold em

Know When to Fold'em

Even the best poker legends have their tougher days. The secret to becoming a real poker pro is to know when you're beat and fold a good hand every now and then.

Here are some obvious red flags that will say when it's time to pack it in;

You're becoming emotionally unstable and on the edge of 'tilting'
You are trying way too hard to break even for the day before you quit
You are too eager to get back into the action and are not patient to wait for a reasonable hand
You think your opponents are constantly bluffing
You've played for more than ten hours for the day
You are having trouble concentrating because you are distracted by sleep, alcohol, something on your mind, etc.
Overall, though, if your game seems to be falling fast, it's time for a breather. Though your ego might hurt a little, your head, your bankroll and your overall reputation will be much better off.
Old 07-24-06, 06:36 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

Yeah money management and discipline are a challenge with online poker. I have some unwritten rules that keeps me in check. Observing feedback from my spouse in my No. 1 rule (lol). Without her, I'd probably be breaking the 10hr max. rule every other day.
Old 07-25-06, 01:06 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 65

Lol i do play roughly 8-10 hours a day sometimes. And I have extremely good money management skills. Like for example i have a small BR of 450$ right now and because of that I do not go anywhere about .10cent/.20 cent no limit or 1/2$ limit.

You might think that may be weird, but keep in mind i play atleast 4 tables at a time. I'd give examples but that is not this thread and can be left for another tale

-Drago

To the End!
Old 08-26-06, 06:32 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanDrago View Post
Lol i do play roughly 8-10 hours a day sometimes. And I have extremely good money management skills. Like for example i have a small BR of 450$ right now and because of that I do not go anywhere about .10cent/.20 cent no limit or 1/2$ limit.

when i had 900 euros bankroll i still played heads-up for 1$ .. that's my money managment rule and i know if i played 0.5/1$ nl tables i would never have 900EUR (i had less now, only because of withdrawal)

i'll play high stakes nl tables and high buy-in tourneys only when i know that i'm ready to play there.. and yap, i'm still playing 1$/2$ hup buy-ins and swanseas and cheshires on titan!
Old 08-29-06, 12:36 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekinu View Post
Know When to Fold'em

Even the best poker legends have their tougher days. The secret to becoming a real poker pro is to know when you're beat and fold a good hand every now and then.

Here are some obvious red flags that will say when it's time to pack it in;

You're becoming emotionally unstable and on the edge of 'tilting'
You are trying way too hard to break even for the day before you quit
You are too eager to get back into the action and are not patient to wait for a reasonable hand
You are having trouble concentrating because you are distracted by sleep, alcohol, something on your mind, etc.
Overall, though, if your game seems to be falling fast, it's time for a breather. Though your ego might hurt a little, your head, your bankroll and your overall reputation will be much better off.

Very good rules. I had my days full of bad beats and if you don't know when to stop you might lose all of the past 3 weeks winnings in a single day. Then you'll feel like a total loser and say for yourself: " why i didn't stop? The cards were agains me."
So the best rule i use is : " Only play maximum 15-20% of your stack in a day."
If you use this rule you can be confident that you'll have succes. Also if you break ityou will have difficulties to stop.
Old 08-29-06, 11:33 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0

Quote:

Sometimes if i am frustrated these 2 apply to me i need to get that under control before wexpecting anything big to come out of my play in tournaments. jeez i only won my first titan freeroll the other day but i am happy.
Old 08-30-06, 08:19 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPRS1 View Post
Sometimes if i am frustrated these 2 apply to me i need to get that under control before wexpecting anything big to come out of my play in tournaments. jeez i only won my first titan freeroll the other day but i am happy.

Keep it going with the winnings. Titan is the site were you have very many possibilities to make easy money from freerolls. Also be very carefull on how to manage your stack.