Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Poker Tips/Strategies
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-06, 03:51 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 53
Default My CrAzY NeW Sit N Go strategy!

The Sit N Go's I play are NL Holdem 6 table, normal speed(non-Turbo), 1000 chips blinds start at 5/10 and move up every 7 minutes or close to that.

I abuse the fact that blinds are ridiculously low for the first 14 minutes of the game so on every time it's my turn, if someone hasn't risen(in which case I fold when my cards are shit), regardless of my hand I raise 10. Preflop raise, flop, turn and, river. Every single chance I get I throw away 10 chips chasing shit, bluffing people out, etc

Now why do this you ask?

Weeeelll..

A) When you do get mediocre to good cards, betting every time makes it impossible to read and you can usually make up the chips your giving away on these lucky catches.

B) Regardless that it's a ridiculously low bet and they see you repeatedly doing it, tight people will fold a lot when they don't have anything.

But most importantly....

C) You have successfully convinced all the other players you are LOOSE aggresive.

Now, blinds are 30/60, start playing normal tight aggresive with the same betting patterns you have been using all along(minimum to X2 the minimum the second it gets to my turn), and what will happen is even if your opponent sees a flop like A83(you got the aces, of course), when he sees you betting like a "moron" he will be compelled beyond his own power to call you. Once you get someone "hooked", raise as you normally would when you have the nuts...

So to reiterate...

When blinds are super low I pretend to be loose aggresive

So when blinds are high, I switch to tight aggresive which completely changes how people perceive and respond to me.

So what'dya think?
Old 07-25-06, 10:06 AM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0
Default if its working..stick with it

I tend to play all the small blinds to try and catch a flop..but play aggressive pebding my first big raise...i usulally wait for a level change where the blinds go up dramatically..like 200/400 for my first big raise to steal the blinds...they just kinda wait it out if that is succesful..of course this all depends on the cards you are getting..but if you are winning thats all that matters!!
Old 07-25-06, 01:59 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

The only problem I see with your strategy is that when you switch to tight aggressive what if you dont pick up alot of hands. Some people might start to catch on to this and there goes your image. Plus the blinds will start to be getting higher and you might be playing the short stack. But if that works for you keep on doing it.

What I would do in the sitngo is get in cheap while the blinds are low and try to catch a big hand to double up. And then I when I get chips I can start to bully the table when the blinds get high enough and just go from there.
Old 07-25-06, 07:46 PM
Bust

I've been trying out my new strategy all day today, here are some things I found

The good hole cards that I play like all the other cards I've been getting, pay off big when I get something on the flop, they somehow don't realize the difference between a 10 chip and 80-90 chip bet(they still think I'm bluffing!). This combined with the free pots from people folding easily makes up for the chips you're giving away.

This method's weakness is not an abscence of cards(I think card always come, you just have to wait...), but bad beats. All the hands played prior to your power hand has been a set up for this moment, so if it fails to a bad beat, it totally screws everything up. Also, this style tricks people into calling your good hands with shit cards most likely chasing something... and boy when they get it if I dont have a good read on them I can kiss my entry fee goodbye.

This strategy works especially well at a tight table, the looser the table, the higher the preflop bets are gonna be when it's at 5/10, and thus the less oppurtunies you'll receive to raise.
Old 07-25-06, 09:41 PM
gooder

BBP Points:

So your stratagy works well? i might give it a try. and see how it works for me. thanks for the tips
Old 07-26-06, 08:40 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 65

I will be 100% honest and dont like your strategy, because anyone smart can bust ya. They can outplay you so bad on that flop and keep winning those small chips off of you and you wouldnt even knwo its comin. I think majority of the time you will lose than win with that strategy. Now if you were playing those crappy hands in position all the time and being more agressive i think you would have a better shot. Key thing is to always keep raising and betting the same amount to not reveal the strength of your hands. Your theory is a not a bad one, just not a good one . If I was playing you i would easily bust you out of the tournament. I dont mean to sound rude when i say that either heh . But overall your on the right step, being agressive is winning. Thats the key point that i believe you have learned, so work with it. Keep up the good work.

-Drago

To the End!
Old 07-27-06, 01:53 AM
Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanDrago
I will be 100% honest and dont like your strategy, because anyone smart can bust ya. They can outplay you so bad on that flop and keep winning those small chips off of you and you wouldnt even knwo its comin. I think majority of the time you will lose than win with that strategy. Now if you were playing those crappy hands in position all the time and being more agressive i think you would have a better shot. Key thing is to always keep raising and betting the same amount to not reveal the strength of your hands. Your theory is a not a bad one, just not a good one . If I was playing you i would easily bust you out of the tournament. I dont mean to sound rude when i say that either heh . But overall your on the right step, being agressive is winning. Thats the key point that i believe you have learned, so work with it. Keep up the good work.

-Drago

To the End!

You are the most pompous **** I've seen.

You have no idea how well this strategy has been working for me, no idea the depth of the mind games I can play with this strategy.

"Now if you were playing those crappy hands in position all the time and being more agressive i think you would have a better shot.Key thing is to always keep raising and betting the same amount to not reveal the strength of your hands"

You seem to understand my strategy, but not fully.

You are 100% correct about how to bet though, keep it consistent so they cant tell the difference between me having 2-7 and QQ.

Some things you dont understand about my strategy...

I'm only throwing away 10 20 or 40 chips at a time. any raise before me or reraise, and I fold.

In a normal sit n go, TOTAL, I risk maybe 200-250 chips TOPS. 90% of the time the pots people fold make up for this. 95% of the time, in my string of bad hands and obviously bad bets I'll catch a good one or two that MORE than makes up for it.

So what am I trying to say? YOU CAN'T BUST ME

There's not a hand that gets played where I'm not in full control.

The investment I make in the begining is to establish what appears to be an incredible loose aggresive playstyle.

So, later on, when blinds are 100/200 and I'm betting in the same fashion, guess what, they are CLUELESS that I switched to being incredibly tight.

I'm not argueing about this much more, this strategy is so complex and intricate that you won't understand it until you've tried it several times and understand how it works and the effects it has upon the players.

Peace
Old 07-27-06, 02:19 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via MSN to ad1129

Bad strategy all around, you seem to not take kindly to constructive criticism so i'll leave it at that. O and min raising sucks and stop doing it, there are few times where its correct, but in general its horrid.
Old 07-27-06, 03:25 AM
Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad1129
Bad strategy all around, you seem to not take kindly to constructive criticism so i'll leave it at that. O and min raising sucks and stop doing it, there are few times where its correct, but in general its horrid.

I failed to find little more than condescending remarks in his egoic criticism.

I don't mind if you don't find this theoretically good, and perhaps it you could not duplicate the success I'm having.

I don't offer this as any sort of "proof", but I won $24 total 2 titan freerolls, after playing cheshire and swansea tournaments for 2-3 days trying to get my bankroll up, I was having little constant success, I just hovered in the $10-30 range. After discovering how well this worked I realized it gave me the edge I needed, so I skipped the $5 turbo SnG(for reasons I mentioned before) and went to $10. My current bankroll is $155.

I hear the cries of "fish luck" already, but if the strategy were truely bad, having used it every single game I've played in the past few days, I believe I would see a general decline. which of course, is infact, the exact opposite, I have shown a SHARP increase.

blah blah blah, lets play some poker. check the BBP Sit N Go thread and we'll set up a time, even though I already told you what I'm going to do
Old 07-27-06, 05:21 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via MSN to ad1129

O boy please move down in limits. For SnGs you need at least 30 buy-ins if 155 is all you have you should really considering moving down, if you have means to reload then go ahead and play above your roll. Let me be the first to tell you that going busto sucks. From what i've seen at the iPoker 11s attempting to convince your opponents anything is just a futile attempt. FWIW, if you play enough SnGs you will experience a 20 buy-in downswing if not more. Are you playing 6 max iPoker 11s or 10 max? Or are the 11s only 6 max at iPoker? i can't remember.

« Can you recommend a good Odds Calculator? | - »