Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > World Series of Poker
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-06, 05:48 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 91
Default Speaking of Jamie Gold...

Now that I'm watching the WSOP on ESPN - What do you think of him and his play? Its down to 27 now and he is being featured more on T.V. now. I'm sorry but this guy doesn't impress me. Maybe because he's a kid. Maybe because I now know who the winner is. Just a thought.
Old 09-14-06, 04:56 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

I have a copy of the final table play. It's a hand-by-hand chronicle of their play. Gold certainly gets a lot of nice hands to play. Plus he personally eliminated 7oo8 of his opponents on the final table.

I've also seen that online, where the CL seems to win all his races even with mediocre cards. Catching trips, straights or flushes. Moneymaker probably had the same kind of Mojo going for him in 2003.

I wonder how Gold's legal proceedings are going?
Old 09-15-06, 05:10 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

Judge freezes half of World Series of Poker winnings

Sep 6, 2006 10:28 AM CDT

Oops, I answered my own question. See article below:

He bluffed his way to the top at the World Series of Poker, but for now, he'll only get half of the $12 million jackpot.

We've been telling you about the lawsuit against winner Jamie Gold. Gold is being sued by a man who claims Gold agreed to split the money with him.

Tuesday, a judge froze half of the prize, which means Gold can spend $6 million. The rest will be put on hold until after the lawsuit.

Gold beat more than 8,700 players to win the World Series of Poker last month.
Old 09-17-06, 07:47 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 10

even though you people say that the guy must have had horseshoes to win, and that the cards were perfect to allow him to weave through 8700 players avoiding the knocked out punch that so many of the best like ivey, hellmuth, lederer and chan fell victim has to be somewhat an understatement of this great feat he has accomplished.I believe he will manage to obtain the same star status as joe hachem even though he is nearly as much fun to watch and doesnt really have the apppearance for being in the spotlight. The question may come up wheather he can contend ona regular basis at professional poker tourneys such as the wpt and wsop. He should have more top finished than a moneymaker, but dont count on another title any time soon as most wsop main event title winners are cinderella storys such as our good friend jamie.
Old 09-18-06, 02:41 AM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0

Everytime i go to bodog his pic is doing my head in think im just jelous it is him and not me.

But why should he worry half of $12m he will make that back up in no time endorsing some stupid products soon.
Old 09-18-06, 06:26 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

if he made an agreement with somebody that he will give half of his winnings in exchange for something (i really didn't understood what that "something" was) he made really good deal before WSOP started because he thought that half of his winnings there (or on any tourney with 8000+ players) will be 1/2 of 0$ which is 0$.. now when he did unbelivable thing winning 12 mill$ why it's that hard to lay down 6mill$ ? i'm relatively new in poker world so i never heard of Jamie Gold before this WSOP - i watched some of his hand analysis from WSOP here in forum and as i saw he won every coin flip hand (or 3-1) hands when he moved.. but he made his huge stack early and could call that hands without worry of losing too much..
Old 09-22-06, 03:49 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default Jamie Gold Plays In TCI

Jamie Gold played in his first tournament since the WSOP tournament in Las Vegas. Jamie made it down to the last 2 tables and was the chip leader going into the last day of place. Jamie ended up taking 16th place which was very impressive with all that he is experiencing and going through with the lawsuit.
Old 05-02-07, 10:27 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 5

he aint such a bad guy after all. i saw the rawvegas clip of his interview and seemd like a nice guy. But when it comes to his poker skills....ouch..
Old 07-22-07, 07:56 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 1

Jamie Gold is a lucky bad poker player
Old 10-24-07, 01:44 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerald View Post
Jamie Gold is a lucky bad poker player

Jamie Gold - the best