Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Poker Tips/Strategies
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-08, 09:56 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 14
Default poker strategies?

is it better to bluff amatures that only call with great hands and play tight against good players that know how to bluff or is it better the other way around just in general I know it depends on many situations i am just asking in general
Old 02-03-08, 04:47 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 16
Send a message via AIM to Hrobakca

I keep my bluffs to a mininum will bluff more when im at a final table or if i see someone stealing the blinds and antes with no competition and put them to the test to see if they ACTUALLY have a hand

Chris
Old 03-03-08, 09:51 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 15

Bluffing is a cheating. So ethically players should avoid doing bluff. Neither should they bluff against professional nor against amateurs
Old 04-02-08, 05:16 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 51

For beginners the best strategy is a shortstack I think
Old 04-18-08, 08:40 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 169

Better against tight good players you have a read on... since amateurs usually are either dumb and will chase any draw and won't fold AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, JQ... even if they miss the flop. Or they'll hit some middle pair and call your bluffs to the river. With amateurs if you want to bluff go for call bluffs. Call their bets after the flop (look for smaller ones, not when they overbet the pot or bet the pot... the ones around 1/3 1/2 of the pot) if they check on turn that means they've missed, so bets around 2/3 of the pot usually will make them fold.

And for comment about shortstacks the best way for amateurs. I don't think so, since there is a simple counterstrategy to shortstacking - raising them. I raise them mostly all-in everytime I hit the flop in someway or I think they've missed it. Or I put them all-in when I hold really strong hands preflop, so it takes away their advantages. They don't have the time, since blinds represent a big portion of their stack, so they have one, two full rings of time to make their play. I can sometimes go 50 hands without even seeing the flop when the cards run bad. So shortstack might raise with his AT offsuit preflop and if he is reraised all-in then what.. is he going to risk it with mediocre hand or is he gonna fold. The same way goes for playing AJ and the flop comes 9JK, he can maybe try a little bet post flop and will be raised all-in by me. So he folds and half of his stack is gone, or he calls and I turn over the king. Or he can go all-in and with any K i'll definetly call him.

You'll never learn good poker while shortstacking, you are limited to 2 maybe 3 bets in the game, you'll rarely be able to bet on turn - and your bets will be like 1/8 of the pot on the turn, you won't be able to bluff people on turn or river, you won't be able to protect your hand - since pot odds will always be in favour of the one that is chasing. And you can forget about suited connectors, small pocket pairs, suited aces, suited gappers... the cards when they hit they double up my maximum allowed stack at the table.

After you've learned the game and how to win, then you can use shortstacking in some situations. You'll learn way more playing with big stack from the beggining.

Last edited by vukojebina : 04-18-08 at 08:44 PM.