Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Other Poker Games
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-06, 05:40 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default 7card stud is one of the best games

four a couple of reasons:
1) if it is hi/lo you have 2 chances to win every pot
2) there are a lot more chasers in stud then anything else
3) holdem players try to play it but they just cant.
4)it is lot more fun because you have a lot more chances to win.
this is why stud is the best game on the planet.
Old 01-22-06, 05:44 PM
Bust

That is very true killers. Even in the bigger buyins, there are still plenty of chasers willingly just giving there chips to other players. I especially like playing stud hi/lo because there are more chances to win at least part of the pot, and more chance=better chances of winning.
Old 01-22-06, 05:46 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 6

I have played a bit of 7-Stud but I was playing on the Prima Network the other day and noticed that there was a NL 7-stud section. Has anyone ever played it no limit before. I would think that it would be awfully strange playing it that way. I've only ever seen it in the style of fixed limit or pot-limit.
Old 01-22-06, 05:55 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

NL would be nice because so many of the lower limit stud players have no idea what they're doing, a little bit of no limit would let me muscle them
Old 01-22-06, 05:58 PM
Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedane
I have played a bit of 7-Stud but I was playing on the Prima Network the other day and noticed that there was a NL 7-stud section. Has anyone ever played it no limit before. I would think that it would be awfully strange playing it that way. I've only ever seen it in the style of fixed limit or pot-limit.

That would be kind of tough to play NL stud. just think of it. Going allin with only seeing 3 of your 7 cards. Now thats what I call risky.
Old 01-22-06, 06:18 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 6

Yes, thats what I was trying to get at.
Old 07-08-06, 09:29 AM
Banned

yep your completely right its more fun to you get more cards and better chance to win because of people trying to play it that arent used to it like nl holdem and just raise with a pair of 3s lol
Old 07-20-06, 04:32 AM
Bust

I've been never played the 7card stud, maybe someone can told me lick , for rules and description of that poker game, thanks
Old 08-16-06, 07:34 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

7 stud is a great game.. i didn't played it for months, and today i entered to 0.5/0.10 table on titan, just to remind myself.. (i lost of course) .. but if you play it right there are better chances to win here, because everybody is chasing - you can chase too - very cheap, and if bring in is 0.02$ every pot is about 1$ and that's much more than in limit poker tables

very exciting and interesting game.. earlier when i was bored i went to poker stars and played that 10000 people 7 stud freeroll

and rules are very simple, everybody is dealt 3 cards (first two cards are hidden (only you can see them),third card can be seen by everybody).. there are no community cards, every player is dealt then 3 more cards (one by one - and that cards can be seen too) - there is the 7th card later which can't be seen by others.. and you are making the best hand from those 7 cards

damn.. my english is bad - if you can understand this.. go somewhere into play money 7 stud table - you'll learn it for 5 minutes, it's very easy - not complicating and confusing like omaha!
Old 08-16-06, 10:16 PM

BBP Points: 103

Yeah, 7 Card Stud is a fun game. I learned that when I was a kid (along with 5 Card Stud, 5 Card Draw, and the silly game with various politically incorrect names where everyone gets on card and places it on his forehead without looking at it.)

From what I understand, Hold 'Em is basically a variant of 7 Card Stud, adding the community cards and blind bets instead of antes. Frankly, I think Hold 'Em is a phenomenal poker game, with a great balance between skill, psychology, and luck. It's an excellent example of a well-designed game, in any genre of gaming.